The new ALPHA2 takes reliability in small domestic circulators to new heights. Even in systems where the operational environment is a challenge, the ALPHA2 will ensure long-lasting trouble-free operation with no risk of blockage. If you want to leave your customers with a completely trouble-free heating solution, the new ALPHA2 is a premium choice.
ALPHA2 is versatile and efficient whether you use one of its seven speed, pressure control settings, or simply leave it on the factory setting AUTOADAPT™.
The ECM motor design reduces energy consumption by 50%, and in AUTOADAPT mode, will automatically analyze the heating system, find the optimum setting, continue to adjust its operation to changes in demand, and reduce power consumption by up to 85%. This to ensure the lowest possible energy consumption without sacrificing comfort.
The Grundfos ALPHA2 circulator with AUTOADAPT are predicated on:
- 65-years of hydronic experience of how pumps work in countless applications and operating environments
- 15+ years of ECM motor experience in the market
- ALPHA2 materials and design resist blockage from magnetite and iron oxide particles found in closed hydronic systems.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Simple push button
- Control enables the ALPHA2 to be programmed in one of 3-constant speed,
- 3-constant pressure, or AUTOADAPT control modes. The current operating mode is always visible on the ALPHA2’s LED display
- The large LED display shows the current energy consumption in Watts and estimated flow in gallons per minute
- For installation, you have the flexibility to use either our unique ALPHA Plug with line cord or the ALPHA2 with terminal box for conduit connections
- ALPHA2 is complete with an integrated check-valve, foam insulation jacket, and nut captures for flanges.
- ALPHA2 comes in both cast iron and stainless steel models
- Robust startup enables the ALPHA2 to continuously attempt to restart – indefinitely – in blocked rotor conditions
- ALPHA2 can be used as a replacement for more than 30 competitor pump models
The GRUNDFOS ALPHA2 is suitable for:
- Systems with constant or varying flow
- One pipe systems
- Two pipe systems
- Domestic hot-water recirculation
- Systems where night setback is required.